Introduction to Derivatives Training
Duration of training: 2 Days
Training Delivery: Instructor-led
This program introduces the nuances of a derivative market where investors can buy and sell risks. It is important to understand that superficial applications of mis-understood models, disregarding the limitations or simplifying assumptions or boundry limitations may create the false illusions that risk has been eliminated.
The program is a pragmatic introductory approach to derivatives as a hedging instrument
- To provide an overview of the different types of derivatives: options, forward contract, futures and swaps.
- Understand the institutional characteristics of the options market including the exchange and OTC market
- The role of arbitrage in pricing options by applying it to demonstrate the fundamental principles that determine the options price
- Evaluate the option pricing model: the Binomial & the Black Scholes.
The training session will be conducted along workshop principles with introductory presentations by the programme leader that is followed by case study analysis and interactive worked examples.
Participants will be actively engaged, individually and as part of a group, in the preparation and presentation of balance sheet, liquidity and the analysis of other financial statements which will be taken from various industrial and service sector organizations.
Participants are encouraged to bring their own cases and problems for discussion within the programme: the programme leader has extensive experience of handling such problems and requests and can usefully blend participants’ requests seamlessly into the programme.
Who Should Attend?
Although the predominant audience for the program would be the practitioner involved in management of risky assets, the program is equally useful to those who need an overall thorough understanding of how these instruments works.
A course that is designed for ….
- CFO’s and Finance Directors
- Finance Controllers
- Financial Analysts
- Corporate Finance Managers
- Treasury Managers
- Profit Center Heads
- General Manager Heads
- Personnel in Banks, Corporate and Government
- Individual investor
This programme will be conducted in English.
How to Register:
To reserve a seats for this course, call our sales team on [ +254 ] 718 001 207 or 705 287 552
Organization wishing this course to be delivered in-house whether on-site or off-site, no matter the geographical location, do contact us detailing your inquiry on this form below.